Software Developer - Full Stack Web and Embedded
The following job description is ideally what we are looking for. However, if you meet a significant portion of the description, have a demonstrable record of successful and timely project completion, and a very positive, can-do outlook, we'd like to hear from you.
What We Do
We manufacture enterprise-grade 3D printers in Beachwood, Ohio. Our printers are world-renowned for their build quality, reliability and precision. We sell to educators, print shops, large and small companies, and a lot of makers.
What You'll Do
- Develop software for a variety of platforms: web, embedded, desktop and mobile
- Maintain software to deploy and update Raspberry Pi images
- Version control everything with git
- Use test-driven development where practical
- Write, debug and troubleshoot Linux and DOS shell scripts
- Troubleshoot 3D printer software issues
- Treat each customer like gold and be proud that you’re making a difference in the world
Who You Are
- You have experience in multiple full-stack web frameworks - we use Ruby on Rails/Jquery, Flask/Knockout, and some LAMP
- You have experience in firmware development in C++
- You have experience in deploying software on a variety of PaaS’s - we use Amazon EC2, Heroku, and some 1and1
- You have some experience in Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- You have a B.S. or M.S. degree in computer science and 5+ years of experience
- You might even have a minor degree or some experience in electrical engineering
- You are great at explaining complex concepts in a simple and clear manner
- You have used 3D printers or are excited to learn
Why MakerGear Is a Great Place to Work
- You’ll have a lot of responsibility and get to see the immediate results of your efforts.
- 3D printing is a fast growing and exciting industry.
- You’ll be working with a dedicated team of industry veterans who can design, build and sell amazing new products.
- MakerGear has an outstanding brand reputation.
Click here to apply via Indeed.com.
Job Type: Full-time