We are looking for a technically-oriented inside sales professional to help us expand our growth with new and existing customers. This individual will be primarily responsible for winning new customers. The successful candidate will demonstrate effective communication skills, individual contributions and the ability to collaborate across the organization.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with professional sales expertise. The primary forms of customer communication will be via phone, email and supporting conferences and events as needed.
MakerGear is in the business of desktop 3D printing, crafting rock-solid machines and providing scalable solutions for schools, businesses and government. It is a company that believes in delivering a great customer experience. Founded in 2009, Ohio-based MakerGear empowers tens-of-thousands of users in all 50 states and more than 75 countries. The company has consistently been ranked as the top performing desktop brand globally.
The responsibilities of the position are:
- Generate and nurture leads – From initial contact, through product evaluation and expansion, be a client advocate, ensure exceptional client experiences throughout the sales process
- Maintain and deepen client relationships – Facilitate long-term client relationship development and identify opportunities across customer organizations.
- Participate in conferences, industry events and other networking opportunities to build awareness of MakerGear, generate new leads and maintain contacts over time.
- Expand MakerGear’s outreach capabilities by taking a disciplined approach to differentiating MakerGear, qualifying opportunities and documenting the customer needs
- Execute creative approaches to communicate our brand and reputation
- Maintaining organized and transparent sales workflow processes using CRM and project management platforms
THE PROFESSIONAL WE SEEK:
- You love to connect people, to network, and to build relationships from the ground up
- You have solid sales experience and a proven track record of disciplined sales process
- You are an avid and thoughtful listener, are persistent, and aren’t afraid to be told “no”
- You are an excellent communicator; you are diligent and effective with the written word
- You are driven, a good time-manager, and comfortable working independently
- You are open-minded and love to bounce ideas around with others to find the absolute best solution for our customers
- You enjoy taking on responsibility to meet aggressive targets, and thrive through honest and straightforward feedback
- You are entrepreneurial, energetic and have a passion for sales
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- Candidates with exceptional backgrounds, including military experience are encouraged to apply. A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Unequivocal ability to understand customers’ unique needs; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in sales; 3-5 year’s sales experience in related field
- Demonstrated excellence selling via phone and email
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and utilize strong problem-solving skills
- A strong work ethic, an insatiable curiosity, and an unselfish team spirit
- A starting base salary plus commission
- An opportunity to join a growing team of extremely gifted, collaborative colleagues, who will support you, as well as help expand your experience and mindset
- A flexible, fun, laid-back, work environment where you can truly be yourself and do great work
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Please email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org