Lead Mechatronics Engineer
What We Do
We manufacture enterprise-grade 3D printers in Beachwood, Ohio. Our printers are world-renowned for their build quality, reliability, and precision. We sell to educators, print shops, and large and small companies.
What You’ll Do
- Create and execute the company’s product development strategy including: new product development, field support, manufacturing support, and product life-cycle sustaining
- Lead the engineering team consisting of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers
- Lead all phases of new product development including: conceptual development, preliminary design, detailed design, prototype, testing, product launch, regulatory certification (CE & FCC), and upgrades
- Lead efforts to fix problems that arise during in-house production
- Solve customer issues that the tech support team is unable to resolve on their own
- Communicate with vendors and serve as the engineering voice of the company
- Maintain technical support documentation including user manuals, how-to guides, etc.
- Manage the engineering team on a day-to-day basis. Recruit, hire and train additional engineers
- Create Solidworks assemblies, parts, and detailed drawings. Perform FEA as necessary
- Develop embedded firmware in C++ and Python
- Design and troubleshoot printed circuit boards
- Optimize printing profiles and settings (e.g. feeds and speeds) to obtain world-class output
- Treat each customer like gold and be proud that you’re making a difference in the world
Who You Are
- You are a wiz at project management. You keep your team focused and on track to deliver results on time, on budget, and with technical excellence. You live by your favorite project management tool (e.g. Jiira, Basecamp, MS Project).
- You have launched multiple new hardware products through the entire life cycle - from conceptual development through to full production.
- You are great at creating complex Solidworks assemblies and you love top-down design.
- You create drawing prints that communicate your engineering intent with your vendors in a clear & concise manner. You are familiar with GD&T and use it when beneficial.
- You are very disciplined about using proper revision control procedures on both hardware and software products.
- You are great at writing embedded software in C++ and maybe python too.
- You are good at designing & troubleshooting printed circuit boards.
- You are great at DFM and DFA
- You have a background in Lean, Six-Sigma, TQM, and/or ISO 9000.
- You know the in’s and out’s of regulatory certification processes such as CE & FCC.
- You are great at troubleshooting noise and EMI in electrical circuits.
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills - you are great at leading small teams to deliver world-class results.
- You are great at explaining complex concepts in a simple and clear manner.
- You have used 3D printers or are excited to learn.
- You have a degree in engineering and 5+ years of experience in the field.
Why MakerGear Is a Great Place to Work
- You’ll have a lot of responsibility and get to see the immediate results of your efforts.
- 3D printing is a fast growing and exciting industry.
- You’ll be working with a dedicated team of industry veterans who can design, build, and sell amazing new products.
- MakerGear has an outstanding brand reputation.
Click here to apply via Indeed.com.
Job Type: Full-time